- 1 cup water or coconut water
- ½ medium avocado, pitted
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 medium beet, ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 4 large ice cubes
- 1 apple, cored and roughly chopped
- Steam beet if necessary before starting (If you have a heavy duty blender like a Vitamix that you know can handle raw beets, skip this step.)
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth. Adjust sweetness if desired, adding an apple to taste if needed.
You can also turn this smoothie into a fresh juice if you have a juicer. Simply leave out the ice cubes and coconut oil, and juice.